Wednesday, December 14, 2011

No Ordinary Drum Shade

Teen room, Arcadian Lighting, Modern Drum shade Pendant lighting

Every Teen-Lounge needs a really cool lighting pendant!

And I think I found it with the help of Sarah Richardson and Arcadian Lighting!

Teen-Lounge--Uttermost-Alita-Contemporary-Pendant-Light

Isn’t it gorgeous?!?!

light fixture

When I saw this home office makeover from Sarah’s HGTV show awhile back, I just knew I wanted this light somewhere in my house.   The interesting thing is this is not a light fixture that I would normally choice for my home.  It has a urban contemporary look with it’s casual wrapped metal-strap drum shade.  Way too modern for me!  But completely perfect for the “Teen Lounge”!!!  Don’t you agree?

So when I first thought about creating this loft-lounge area for my kiddos, I immediately when a search for this light.  Over on Sarah’s website she is so kind to share her resources, however, the lighting source was located in Canada.  Not only did this light carry a 4digit price tag but then I would also have to pay international shipping cost!!  Way more money than I planned to spend in the entirrrrrre room.

If you have followed  Dittle Dattle  for any length of time then you know the next thing that POPPED into my head was, “I can make this!” Yep, I thought I’m going to make this drum shade with items from the home improvement store!  And I could have…..

Lucky for me, Arcadian Lighting contacted me to do a guest post.  From there I was intrigued with their website.  And wouldn’t you know it…… I found a replica of the one that Sarah had used!  It is a dead ringer for Sarah’s, expect I do believe Sarah’s light has a bit more hour-glass curve to the drum shade.  Now that’s me being super critical! 

Teen-Lounge-Pendant-light--Uttermost

When it arrived it was much larger than I anticipated.  I was a bit worried that it would put out too much light for the space, but it doesn’t.  It’s perfect!  At least I think.  Yes, it probably is a bit over the top for this room and it is rather large.  When we first installed it (which takes at least two people, because of it’s size) it was all you could see in the room!  Now that more pieces have made their way into the room and the room is coming closer to being finished, it’s not the first thing that demands your attention but just adds another piece of “eye-candy” to the room!

Can you tell you I just love this light? 

It can with a really long cord so that it could be hung from a very high ceiling.  We shortened the overall height of the pendant considerably as not to be in the way when the kids play their video games. 

clip-art

I must thank Arcadian Lighting for their generosity in making this lighting a dream come true.  Thank you.

 

Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...