Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Measuring Cup Organization

We have finished our second year of homeschooling and summer has officially started! Of course this means the annual re-organization of my house has begun. I feel like things just get thrown somewhere because I'm too busy during the school year. I've had this small project on my Pinterest to-do list FOREVER. Check out the original idea here. (You can even order the vinyl labels to make your own, from the original link.) Start off by getting paint sticks from the hardware store. Ask for the large, contractor sticks. Measure your cabinet, being sure to not measure the door, but measure the door's opening. They are different. Trust me, I found out the hard way. Cut them and paint them whatever color you want. Be careful cutting this type of wood, sometimes it will kick up and snap because of the strength of the saw.

After that, you simply screw in your hooks and add vinyl labels if you'd like. I just cut these with my Silhouette. I wasn't sure if my hubby would like me to put holes in the cabinet door, so I used E6000 to glue them and used painter's tape to hold them up overnight to dry.

 It worked great! No more digging through my utensil drawer when I need to measure something!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...