Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Updated Wall Decor with Fabric

I've had the same photo of a beach scene for a few years on our wall. It was nice but I decided I needed an updated look.  I had seen a few projects where people framed a nice piece of fabric for artwork. I went hunting for some fabric at Joann's, and I found a great remnant piece that would work with our colors.  


The fabric was only $1.99 for a half of a yard.  I thought this would make a great choice.
All I did was cut a piece of fabric that would fit in the frame, and then attach it with frog tape. I figured if I wanted to make a change down the road the tape would make it easier.  The frame I had gotten a few years ago at Michaels during one of their sales.

Since I only used a about a third of the fabric for this project it was under a $1.00 to complete. I am happy with the change, and it gives the wall a new look for not a lot of money.






Thanks for stopping by! 

Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...