Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pallet Love

I'm slightly obsessed with pallets.

But what's not to love? They're not only awesome looking, they're free! So when I passed by a dumpster and saw a pallet hanging over the edge, I couldn't help myself. Ignoring the weird stares passers-by were giving me, I managed to get it out and cart it home. I tried climbing up the side of the dumpster to rescue a second pallet, but couldn't reach it. The dumpster's gone now and I'm still a little sad about the pallet left behind.

I've been pinning a few ideas for projects using pallets and am so excited to actually have a pallet to use now!


I'm in love with this hanging shelf, but my pallet is configured differently, so this one's out. For now...



This bookshelf is amazing, but also out. I'm going to need to find bigger pallets and gain the ability to use power tools before I can pull that one off.


And we have a winner.

I've finally decided to turn my pallet into a headboard. My poor bed is currently nothing more than a mattress set on a metal bed frame, so this is the perfect solution. The colors of my room are similar to this picture and I love the natural look of the pallet with them. I'm so excited!


This is definitely a DIY project I can actually accomplish. Now it's simply a matter of waiting for the temperature in the garage to go below 110ยบ so I can start sanding!

So keep your eyes on the dumpsters. You never know what inspiration you might find!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...