Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY Bendable Fabric Cake Flags

A few days ago, I saw on Pinterest a tutorial for making your own reusable wired fabric cake flags. I KNEW right away that I had to make a stash of these! I followed this super easy tutorial from Poppytalk. Just head on over there to get the instructions. I only had 2 inch wide masking tape on hand, so I experimented and made some large flags, and then also made some the same as her size by cutting my tape in half.
 The wide ones will look great on a big cake, and it also helps with larger patterned fabrics. I wouldn't have been able to do the Paris and green quatrefoil fabrics if I made them 1 inch wide.



 One other tip I realized, was that I could make them twice as long and then after the mod podge dries, cut them in half and easily make two flags out of one longer strip. It was less cutting in the first steps, and much easier to cut in half when it's already dried together.
 These were my first batch and I loved them so much that I spent the rest of the night in front of the tv making more, to go with lots of occasions. I think I want to make some 4th of July flags soon. They look even better in person than in the pictures! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...