Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Crazy Life!

Do you know that I don’t make life easy on myself? 

Nope.  I am still dealing with the insurance company from the storm that we had back in May and decided to schedule the adjustor and  the contractor to come by the on Monday after I got home!  Why?  Why do I do this to myself?  (I haven’t come up with a good answer for that yet)  But good news…. the adjustor approved a total roof replacement! 

On top of that, I had to drive to Charlotte to return the rented golf cart on Monday.  Yeah, the one that my son and his friends took every single minute and I never got to ride in.  Remind me to tell you about the time that I walked out of the RV and down to the middle of all the action in the heat of the day when it was 115 on the heat index and how I thought I was going to pass out walking back up the hill and just had to stop in the public rest rooms to wash off the dripping sweat, bring my face color back to a recognizable skin tone, and then just had to cool off with a vanilla milkshake just to make it the rest of the way back to the RV.   

Anyways, this week has been going by way to fast.  See I have way too many things that need to be done from being away for week and half-- balancing the checkbook, paying bills, laundry, phone calls, and so many more boring things that I don’t want to list.  Next week we will be starting school and I was hoping to have a LOT more completed projects this summer.  Uhhggg

Shelstring-Bracelet

On a brighter note…. In the mile high stack of mail that I need to sort through, I had a package from Michelle Alger of Shelstring and enclosed was this gorgeous beaded bracelet!  I haven’t taken it off…. in fear that my teenage daughter will want to barrow it and I’ll never see it again!  (Mom, aren’t you glad that I was never one of those typical teenagers?  LOL.  Right now my Dad is rolling his eyes, because he knows the real truth.  I just returned his cordless air nail that I barrowed over a year ago to do the “Gift Wrap Closet”.) 

Thank you Michelle.  You’re a doll.

Pottery-Barn-Umbrella

If you follow me on Facebook then you know that THE DAY I got back it was my daughter’s 17th birthday.  We spent the day doing what all teenage girls like to do…. SHOPPING!  I was more than willing to spend the day doing exactly that after being stuck with 3 boys for 10 days in an RV!  I was over joyed (to put it mildly) to find a Pottery Barn Outlet so close to home!  I literally told the Hubs that he was going to have to get the truck and drive it closer because I found some great deals and they were coming home with me!! 

I found this umbrella on clearance with an additional 25% off plus it just happened to be a TAX FREE weekend!  Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a fan of blue and I actually had picked out a stone color umbrella. After talking it over with the Hubs, this blue umbrella was much bigger for only a few dollars more.  So the blue came home with us.  I can totally rock a patriotic theme for my back porch!

DIY-Chaise-Lounge

While I was away, the Hubs bought and stained one of the chaise lounges.  That was really sweet of him to go through the trouble. 

I hope this doesn’t sound super snotty of me, but the color is a little lighter than what I had envisioned plus my OCD sees several spots that he missed.  I know…. that sounds really awful of me.  I can’t help it though.  I spent way too much time making these chairs to not see to it that they look 110% all the way to the end!  

Yes, I only have myself to blame when the Hubby isn’t thrilled at helping out with my many DIY projects. 

As any good southern would say….

“Bless his heart!”

Stain-for-Chaise-lounge-chairs

Here is the color that I was trying for before the stain decided to get thick and goopy on me. 

PB-Chaise-Lounge-Cushions

And my lucky day at Pottery Barn didn’t stop at the umbrella….  I found these chaise lounge chairs…. and again, on clearance with an additional 25% off plus NO TAX!!!  

Oh how I am dreaming about my next trip to the Pottery Barn Outlet!!!  sigh

Spotted this little Umbrella Stand/Side Table in the Pottery Barn catalog.  Isn’t it wonderful?

Umbrella Stand Side table

I spent a little time on Google Sketch-up working out the design and pattern for the Umbrella Stand Side Table.  I am hoping to start it this weekend.  I’m not sure if I’ll be able to complete it though; I have to work the pre-season game for the Carolina Panthers. 

Won’t this be perfect sitting between the chaise lounge chairs???

Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...