Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tutu Lamp {Sort of}

For a while now, I wanted to make a tutu lamp for my daughter's room. I didn't have anything in mind, just that my daughter wanted to be a purple tutu. I thought that was going to take a while until I could find the it item.
It all changed to a single trip to Goodwill yesterday! I spotted a glass globe and the Tutu lamp project came to my mind! :)


The pictures don't do justice to this lamp at all! It's so pretty when the lights are low!
My daughter loves it! My oldest daughter wants one for her room now! :)



Material
          3 yard of tulle - bought at Walmart 99cents a yard
1 glass globe - Goodwill $1.99
scissors and hot glue
1 set of white lights - I used Christmas lights from last year
Cost: $5

cut the tulle in circles, no need to be exactly shape of each other.

 pinch the circle tulle in the middle, making a little flower shape

Glue the bottoms of the flower to the glass globe. Glue them fairly close together to keep their shapes.

At this point I wasn't too sure how this project was going to turn out...
 It looked liked a Clown wig! lol! But I didn't give up! :)

All done! 
Now just insert the lights inside the globe. I put a small plate under the tutu lamp on her bedside table. 
Daughter happy = mommy happy!
The end! :)





DIY Club

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...