Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Quick project

I thought I would add a little fun to the teen lounge and make a mini basketball hoop.

I just need to figure out how to make the net?!?!

chalk-holder-teaser

.

.

.

.

.

Just kidding!

Chalk-holder-next-to-chalkboard-door

It’s a Chalk Holder to go next to the chalkboard door.

Annie-Sloan-Chalk-Paint-chalk-holder--Provence

I picked up this cute little metal can at Ikea last week and thought it would be the perfect holder for the chalk.

Making-a-chalk-holder-out-of-wood

Now to make a holder for the metal can….

I sketched out on some scrap wood the shape and size of the holder. There are two pieces, the back piece that mounts to the wall and the ring that holds the metal can. 

*** To get the perfect size circle I played with my Cricut machine till I found the right size circle, traced the circle out on the scrap wood, and then added about 3/4 of an inch outer circle to create the ring.

Chalk-Holder---AS-chalk-paint--Provence

What better paint to use for a chalk holder than some Annie Sloan chalk paint.  The color is Provence with a little Old White dry brushed on top.  This is my third time using the chalk paint and my opinion has not changed.  I was hoping with the darker color that I would have better coverage but it didn’t.  Like I said before,  It’s probably me!  I know that so many of you like the paint and I’m not taking that away from you, I just want to tell the readers of Dittle Dattle my honest opinion.  When this paint is gone I won’t be buying any more.

Chalk-Holder

Hope you enjoyed this quick little project.  I need to apologize right now for any spelling and grammar errors in this post, but I am quickly writing it out this morning before I head out to work a 15 hour day! 

Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...