Monday, September 10, 2012

A Dooring Bench

Whew, I survived and thrived at Prairie Sisters--it was a fun and successful show.  Here is a before picture:
and an after (the stuff in the back corner belonged to the gal next to me and the ladders were props).
One of my favorites items that sold was a bench I made from a 5 paneled door.  When I saw a door bench in the latest issue of Flea Market Style magazine, I knew I wanted to make one.   They had the door panels for the sides, new wood for the seat and shelf, and no back--I was inspired to make a bench out of the whole door.  So, using all five panels, I made this sweet little bench:
I left the hinges on the side panels,
and I put one of the door plates back on, in a little different place.
The door had been baby yellow, pink, light blue, mint green.  I painted it with Paris Grey chalkpaint, all sloppy and messy.  I then painted a thin coat of Old White over the top.  I love how this sands up with the electric sander--so rustic and shabby.
I used boards under the seat and shelf for brackets, and the cutest little bench was created, quite simply I might add.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...