Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blogger’s Day Out!

Country Wreath, Antiques, cool boys bedroom accessories, and decorating with Antlers

Yesterday I had the best day!  I met up with two fabulous bloggers…..  Debbie from Debbiedoo’s and Cindy from Dwellings The Heart of Your Home

When I left my home yesterday, my kids were teasing me about meeting up with strangers.  {Could it be that they really are listening to me?  huh, who knew} But how could I explain to them that it wasn’t like meeting a stranger at all?  See everyday Debbie and Cindy welcome me (and you)  into their beautifully decorated homes and share stories about their wonderful lives.   It was like meeting any other long time friend.  There was lots to talk about! 

We started with a two hour breakfast,  more talking that eating I assure you!  And then we went to this amazing antique consignment shop in Charlotte, NC!  It was the first time I had ever been.  Without the great navigation skills of Cindy, I would have found myself wondering around in circles for hours!  Thank you, Cindy.

Here are few fabulous things that I just had to share with you.

Sleepy-Poet-with-Blogger-Friends--Dittle-Dattle

  • Isn’t that wreath amazing?  A total DIY project that anyone could do!! 
  • One booth had a lot of cool ideas for a boy’s bedroom or a man’s cave!
  • I loved this “Mess Room” sign!  I need one on every door in the house. lol
  • Antler's are so the rage now!  If that’s you thing this booth had every shape and size. 

Right at the beginning of our shopping trip, Debbie pointed out these shoe molds and said it was all the rage in decorating. 

{via Debbiedoo’s}

I replied that I hadn’t notice, which is no surprise because I don’t usually follow trends.  Then isle after isle we keep seeing them!  Finally Debbie says to Cindy and me, “We could each buy one and challenge ourselves to see what we could do them!”  Well, I’m always up to a good challenge, but Cindy was a little reluctant.   I told Debbie that I buy one as long as it doesn't smell like the shoe that it was once in!!!  LOL

To see more about our great day out and a beautiful photo of Cindy and Debbie, check out Debbie’s post here.

What was so fun about shopping with these ladies, even though this was the first time we all met, we were pointing out thing that would look great in each other’s home!  I love blogging,   the friendships that I have made, and now I want to meet all of you! 

Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...