Tuesday, November 15, 2011

App Magnets

Hello! 

I hope everyone is having a good start to their week.  I have an exceptionally busy week ahead of me.     So if you have noticed that the projects that I have been showing lately have all been quick projects that’s the reason why.  I have a few big projects that I am working on as well but with my limited time they are taking even long to complete.

Teen-Lounge-Chalkboard-Door

I forgot to mention that the chalkboard door is also a magnet board!  Before painting on the chalkboard paint, I painted a few coats of magnetic paint.

Set-of-Iphone-app-magnets

Of course the magnetic/chalkboard door needed some really cool magnets and Pinterest didn’t let me down with supplying a few dozen wonderful ideas.  However, the IPhone/IPod touch apps won hands down on the cool factor. 

 Iphone-app-magnets

These were really pretty easy to make, but you can purchase them for around $16.00 or here is a tute to make your own with a FREE printable from Infarrantly Creative.   Thanks Beckie.

App-Magnet

Beckie had some magnets that fit the shape and size of an app perfectly. 

I had to improvise:

  1. I printed out the free printable on cardstock. 
  2. Each app measured around 1” square, so I cut some scrap wood to size. (I’m sure that you can purchase tiny wood pieces at Wal-mart or at a craft store.)
  3. Painted each tiny wood square black.
  4. Used Mod-Podge to glue the paper app to the wood and to seal the paper.
  5. I applied a dimensional craft glaze to the seal the top.
  6. Lastly I glued a super-strong magnet (purchased at Michael’s) to the back with E-6000 glue.

App Magnets

 

Voilà!  Super cool and fun App Magnets for the “Teen Lounge”.   

**My kiddos think these magnets are really cool!  Which make my think they would also make an awesome gift!!  Think of the possibilities…..  a set of these magnets packaged with a new IPhone/IPod or how about a magnetic board in the shape of a cell phone or IPod custom to fit in a locker!   

Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...