Friday, November 4, 2011

Corn Candle Holder


This is a great craft for your Thanksgiving Table but this idea came all the way from Brazil! Around June in Brazil is corn harvest time. We have a celebration called Festa Junina.  All month long with traditional food, square dance, bonfire and games for the children.  I remember some of the crafts using corn and corn husks.  I loved the flowers made out of corn husk made by some super talented ladies. Someday I will learn how to make those beautiful flowers but for now, I made this super easy corn candle holder. 
Just not sure how long they will last but it does look really good around my pumpkins.
Material
1 corn in the cob - 50cents
moss roll - $1 Dollar Tree
some raffia
glue gun
 Cut the corn in half, make a hole on top of the corn(for the candle), glue the moss and tie raffia around the corn.




Happy Thanksgiving!
Cris




DIY Club

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...