Sunday, November 27, 2011

Birdie Purse!


I showed a picture of this adorable bird purse from Altar'd State back in September.


I fell in love with this purse as soon as I saw it, but for $70 there was no way I was going to buy it.  I finally got around to making my own version.

The entire purse was less than $10 to make.  I bought the exterior fabric from a $2 scrap bin, and I splurged on the interior fabric which was $10/yard.  I used about 1/2 yard of each.






This is the first project I made using my new sewing machine! I love it!  This is the first time I've used any stitching besides a straight stitch.



It's difficult to photograph the inside.  One side has a long pocket with a little pocket on front.  On the other side I stitched down the middle of the pocket to make two smaller pockets. 

The yellow pocket was made using leftover fabric from my chevron pillow.





I have a big research paper due soon, so I may be absent for a week or two.  Wish me luck! I hate writing research papers!

Hope you all have a great week!


Cheers!
Keeping It SimpleAnything RelatedPhotobucketPhotobucket Catch a Glimpse ButtonTransformation ThursdayHookingupwithHoHfreckled laundryThe Shabby Nestbutton+FTF.jpgUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketPhotobucket504 Main

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...