Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I don’t tell you enough just how wonderful you all are!  Everyday you bless me with your sweet comments and each week you are kind enough to share your creations on the Amaze Me Monday meme.  You’ll never know just how many smiles you have placed on my face….

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

Fall-Tablescape-via-Dittle-Dattle

No, I’m not one to eat my Thanksgiving dinner next to a Christmas tree (except for the year that the Hubs didn’t take care of the tree!).  My life is rush, rush, rush as it is now.  There is no reason to not enjoy each holiday before jumping onto the next.   Maybe I’m getting a little too sentimental as my kids get older and I know that there will be very few opportunities for us to be together. 

DIY-log-napking-rings

Last year at the Wood Worker’s Show, I spotted a photo of these napkin rings and knew that I wanted to make some for myself this year.  During the big storm back in May,  it took out one of the very large Pecan tree in our front yard.  I snag a small branch and wrapped it in newspaper (drying the wood without it cracking).  

I simply cut the small branch into inch disks, drilled a hole out the center with a spade bit, sanded the center’s smooth, and sprayed with a poly finish.   Cute huh?

Zebra-Parson-chairs-via-Kirklands--Dittle-Dattle

Recently my mom and I went out shopping where my mother talked me into I snagged a couple of zebra Parson chairs from Kirkland’s!  They definitely add a little fun and whimsy to the kitchen. 

Happy-Thanksgiving-via-Dittle-Dattle

I also purchased a basic set of white dishware from Ikea and the placemats came from TJ Maxx.  TJ Maxx didn’t have enough of one style placemats so I had to mix and match the circles and the squares.  The platter is from Wal-Mart and the bowl is custom-made from my dad.  I believe it’s made of Pecan, too.  The oversized acorn set where purchased from Big Lots.

I have been so crazy busy lately with work, kids, and my so many unfinished projects!  This weekend will be the first weekend in 7 weeks that I don’t have something on the calendar!  But don’t think for a moment that I will be sitting around with my feet up (at least not the entire weekend!).  After I host Thanksgiving dinner and the dishes are done and everyone leaves the house, I have a project for me and the Hubs.  No shopping for me, unless it’s at the hardware store!   I set a timeline for us so that we can get it done, but still have time to enjoy the long weekend. 

Want to know what it is????  Join me on Facebook.  Many of the projects that I have done haven’t even made it to the blog yet (sorry I have been soooooo busy), but I always try to keep you up-today with my Facebook statuses.

Have a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend,

Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...