Sunday, October 16, 2011

Finally Back In Time For The Fair!

Oh, hi.

Remember me? The one who fell off the face of the earth about a month ago?

Sadly I don't have a wonderfully happy excuse for my absence (like others...), but after a long month of lots of work, homeschooling, and the 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels is trying to kill me!!), with occasional breaks for the amazing State Fair of Texas, I'm back!


I absolutely love the fair! From giant Ferris wheels, pig races, and car shows, to fried everything, livestock, and butter sculptures, I love everything about it. Even if temperatures are still nearing 90ยบ, the fair always signals the beginning of fall to me.


Big Tex does kind of scare me a little though...

Landon has been asking about the fair since the day it ended last year, so he was extremely excited to go. After tasting all the delicious fried food and sitting in literally almost every car in both automobile buildings, I took him for his first ride on the Texas Star. It's currently the largest Ferris wheel in North America, so I was praying the height didn't scare him too much. I shouldn't have worried though. He loved it. Totally worth the $12 for two revolutions!

Looking down from about halfway up.

We plan on going again this week to see everything we missed the first time. Also, for anyone in the Dallas area, there's a celebrity chef demo in the Creative Arts building Thursday at 11 AM that you don't want to miss! I'll be helping my chef out with it. Hopefully I won't have to speak - public speaking is not my forte, to say the least. Plus those little microphones they have to wear remind me of a cross between a blender salesperson and Britney Spears.

Has anyone out there braved the fried beer? I can't quite stomach the thought of it, but my curiosity is killing me! Maybe this week...

Have a great Sunday everyone!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...