Monday, October 3, 2011

Rue 21 Knock-Off Necklace

I went to Rue 21 a couple weeks ago and saw this super cute ruffle necklace.  I fell in love with it.  The price wasn't bad, but when I can make something for significantly less, I do.  Besides, it was fun to try something new!

 Here is the original.  I just love the ruffles.  I usually don't wear gold jewelry though, so I came up with this:

 I used brown ribbon, tulle, needle, thread, bead chain, scrapbook metal flower, pearls, felt (for backing) and hot glue.

To make it, I pleated the ribbon, ruffled up the tulle, and sewed/glued on the pearls and the flower.  Then to create the shape, I glued it to felt and trimmed around it.  Next, I glued on the chain. 
(The flower was originally gold so I spray painted it white and hot glued a pearl to the center.)

Linking up here and here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...