Monday, August 8, 2011

Amaze Me Monday #36

Good Monday Morning!!!

I made it home from my NON vacation late Saturday night only to wake up the next morning to unpack an entire RV quickly so that we could celebrate my daughter’s 17th birthday!  We spent the day doing what all teenage girls want to do….. SHOP, shop, shop, had a nice meal out, and took in a late night movie!  I hope she had fun because I know I sure did. 

As for the rest of my trip in TN, it never really got better.  My son’s national race was a three moto format, which means all the racers race three times and their final place is the average of the three races (or motos).  Consistency is the name of the game.  During the first moto, my son had a bad start but manage to get into 11th place…… until a few short laps into the race, his motor blew up.  Heartbroken, he was unable to finish his first race.   For moto 2 and 3 he had to race on his very wore out practice motor.   He was underpowered compared to other bikes.   We left Loretta Lynn’s Dude Ranch a bit disappointed that we didn’t get the finishes we wanted, but we are now reviewing our mistakes and preparing for our next big race in November.  Thank you everyone for all your well wishes.

Because I am so late getting the party started, I will have features from the Amaze Me Monday #35 up at a later time.

Carrie

Amaze Me Monday Blog Party Link Up

Dittle Dattle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...