Monday, August 15, 2011

Overwhelmed

The face Landon makes when I tell him to look serious. It really has 
nothing to do with this post, but it makes me laugh, so here ya go!

I've been missing in action lately. Between preparing for homeschooling to start up again and getting ready to start working again, things have been busy.

I'm excited to start teaching Landon this year! I've been having fun on Pinterest, looking at all the wonderful ideas for classrooms and activities. Of course, Pinterest does have the ability to make me yearn for things I have absolutely no need for. Like do I really need to make a milk crate into a cute little seat/storage area for my one child who already has an area to work at? No. But do I still have a strong desire to make 10 of them and arrange them around a little table? Definitely!

He has five weeks left of Kindergarten before we move onto first grade. I started homeschooling while he was still four. Unfortunately, that seemed to be too early for him. It's a challenge to get a four-year-old boy to sit still for structured school time, and it backfired a little, leaving us with a very long summer vacation. But now he's really eager to start and has been asking for a few weeks now when school begins. Hopefully this attempt will go more smoothly than the last one.

I'm starting work again soon. I take part-time to a whole new level. I started working again over a year ago for one day a week. The chef at the steakhouse I worked at before having Landon is a wonderful, understanding person to work for. He welcomed me back, knowing I would only work that one day, just to give me time back in the kitchen. I loved being back, but Landon hated it. After a few months, I ended up quitting. Landon's been a lot better now about being separated from me, so I'm giving work another shot. I'll be working Thursdays and Fridays during the day.

I happen to be starting during Restaurant Week. Every time I say those words, I start hearing the theme from "Jaws." It's basically a three-course, $35 meal that benefits The North Texas Food Bank. It's for a good cause, but that doesn't change the fact that it's insanely busy and crazy. But better to jump in, right?

As for the title of my post, I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. I'm not sure how I'm going to balance homeschool, work, and everything else that needs to be done, without sacrificing my performance in any of those areas. I have a feeling I'll be having school with Landon on Saturdays just to make everything fit in. The thing I worry about most is messing up. I don't want to be a bad teacher who's not prepared because I'm tired from work. I don't want to be at work, making mistakes because my mind is on lesson plans for the next day of school. So for now, I'm just praying that everything will end up working out and not being as crazy as I fear it's going to be!

Wish me luck next week. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...