Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dumpster Diving Minus the Dumpster

Okay, I didn't dive into a dumpster for this item, but I have been known to do that.  I found this little work table sticking up from a burn pile at the fairgrounds.
It must have been used in one of the barns--it had some chicken poop on it.  I gave it a good scrubbing and removed the composite top to reveal a wood top.
I had hoped to leave the white base as it was, but I couldn't get it clean enough.  So I painted it with Annie Sloan Old Ochre and the top with Emperor's Silk.  I had to secure the diagonal crosspiece, but that was all the work that needed to be done to it.
A little wax and a pew clip
and spoon added for hooks
makes it a great island or workspace.

I love free, it makes me smile.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...