Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pendant Light with Washer Accents

 I had bought a new light fixture for above my kitchen sink a few weeks ago, but had not decided what I was going to do with the shade for it quite yet. I decided I would buy some washers and jazz it up in some way.  Here is what it looks like now installed.  
 I began with some washers. I was not sure what size I was going to use at first, but I decided to go with the smaller size.
 I picked up some Rust-Oleum spray paint in oil rubbed bronze. This definitely has a bit of sparkle in it as well. It really shimmers on these washers.
 I sprayed all of them inside a box that I had which made the washers stay in place while I sprayed them.  
 This is the shade that I picked up at Lowe's for about $13 or so. It is just a plain ivory drum pendant shade.

 Here is the lovely 1990 lighting fixture that I am sure cost the contractor about ten bucks at most.  It has been hidden by the cabinet piece that goes across the top of our cabinetry. That is why I have been able to live with it this long. 
 Here is a picture looking out the window, and as you can see you cannot even tell the fixture is even there.
 I adhered the washers on the top and bottom edges of the shade. Then Rob was able to install the fixture for me in no time.  

Here is what it looks like now above the sink. It just gives this space a little more interest than before. I have to work on some kind of window treatment soon. I am thinking of getting Rob to build a cornice for it since I have pinned a few of tutorials on those.


The whole project was approximately $40 for the fixture, shade, washers and the spray paint. It was a quick and easy update for this space.

Thanks for stopping by!

Megan



Fox Hollow Cottage
Monday
Alderberry Hill
Etcetorize
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom 
Home Stories A to Z
Tip Junkie

Tuesday
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
Full Circle Creations
Pincushion Creations

Wednesday
Polkadots on Parade
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts
High Heels & Grills
Mom on Timeout

Thursday
The Taylor House
At The Picket Fence
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma
The Crafty Blog Stalker
Western Warmth
Saving 4 Six

Friday
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
Craftionary
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello
Fresh Eggs Daily

Saturday
Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing

Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
My 1929 Charmer
Brassy Apple 
Impatiently Crafty

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...