Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles

I'll start with the a few random recipe thoughts. First, there is another recipe floating around Pintrest that I tried a few weeks back, spit out, and dumped the rest of the batch. Afterwards I went back and read the comments on the recipe site and everyone was saying the same thing. Not good. I'm starting to see a trend of pinning for the sake of a good picture, not for the sake of good content or in this case a good recipe.

My recipe? Super yummy! The picture? I think "pinnable". But I'm more happy with giving you a delicious recipe than a perfect picture. Just thought you should know, especially if you follow me on Pintrest. I try very hard to pin things I only know work. Hopefully I do the same on the blog too.

Okay, now to this recipe. The flavor is subtle in the pumpkin department but I was able to maintain a snickerdoodle like texture and they will leaving you wanting more. Promise. It will be my Fall snickerdoodle from here on out :)

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 Tablespoons Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda

Sugar Coating:
1 cup sugar
6 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated. Add the vanilla and Pumpkin Pie Mix and set aside. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredints. Combine both bowls and refrigerate dough for 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll dough into 1 and 1/2 inch round balls. Place dough balls in the sugar coating mixture and shake to coat evenly. Bake cookies for 6 minutes, remove from oven, use a cup to press cookies to 1/2 inch thick (sprinkle with more of the sugar coating if you like) and bake for another 2 minutes. Bake time may vary so stick close to the oven for your first batch and adjust as needed.

I so hope you like it! A Marine and two little boys gave me thumbs up all around!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...