Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What the Hex?

I'm not a crafty person... but occasionally I pretend to be.

When I saw this post ages ago on the ModCloth blog via Honestly... WTF, I thought I had finally found a DIY project that I could actually do!


I can braid, and that's pretty much the only skill needed for this. With some twine from my kitchen and a cheap bag of silver hex nuts from Home Depot, I was ready to go!

No, this isn't mine. Like I said, not crafty!

This one's mine.

It was actually easier than I thought. With one minor detail. I have no idea how to put it on. Tying a knot on the back of my wrist works, but is completely bulky and stupid looking. While trying to get a picture I was literally holding the loose ends in my fist, which isn't really practical for everyday wear. Why do instructions always stop too early for me? Would it have killed those talented crafty folks to include the one extra step of how to put this on? Any advice out there? Heeeelp...

But I still love it. Sure, from close-up it's obviously made out of hex nuts, but from a normal point of view, it's really cool looking and doesn't scream "I'm from Home Depot!" And I think it looks perfect for the summer.

And now, I feel braver. Maybe next time I'll take on something more complicated than braiding.

Ok, maybe not!

Top two images from Honestly... WTF

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...