Friday, June 3, 2011

X Stools

I know I teased you with these stools last week

X stools

and then got side tracked with the news of having painters come to the house and finishing the foyer.    However, I did get a chance to paint the bases and upholster the tops. 

Check them out!

X Stools

This is the combination that my son choose, white base with the solid fabric.  He thought the patterned fabric that I had looked a little “girlie”.  So to use what I had on hand, we stuck with the solid fabric but I still think he needs some pattern in his room.  I will keep my eyes out for a new fabric. 

sewing edge X stool

I used my dad’s air sprayer to paint the bases using the same paint that was used on the trim in Austin’s room.  For the upholster, I sewed the corners and removed the excess fabric so that it would be nice and tidy and a little less bulky then I used  the Hubby’s air stapler to attach the fabric to the seat base.  Don’t you just love having men in your life with such awesome tools that make your life so much easier?  I know I do! 

DIY X stool

I wish I had just a few inches more of fabric.  I had to pull the fabric a bit more than I would have liked to make it work.  Hey but for $2.50 for the fabric I guess I can’t be to fussy!!  Yep, I found that remnant fabric at this great fabric wholesale place close to my house on the floor marked for $2.50!!! Overall I really don’t have much cost into these stools.  They’ve been a great way to use up my (and my parents) STASH.

Uphostering under an X stool

To keep the underside of the stools looking tidy and professional, I used some scrap black fabric, turned under the edges with iron-on seam tape (Stitch Witchery), and spray glued to the bottom to cover all the fabric edges and staples.

It still needs something.  Some bling.  Some pizzazz.

Upholster tack idea

You get the idea? I’m thinking about adding silver upholster tacks around the base to jazz it up a bit.

Wouldn’t you agree?

Carrie_thumb[5]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...