Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Updates

This is a quick post to update on some of the crap happening in my life.  I am going to say the word crap because let me start by telling you that the poison oak that I got into on Saturday had spread into my eyes by Monday morning.  My face was swollen badly and I had trouble seeing out of my left eye. I thought I looked like the elephant man but my daughter kindly told me that I looked like Will Smith in the movie “Hitch”!  She asked me if I wanted a straw for the Benadryl.   Needless to say, a quick trip to the ER was unavoidable.  I got a couple of shots and  was sent home with a few prescriptions to take  for about two weeks.  My kiddos got a good laugh and told me that my face looked funny.  I slept on and off for the rest of the day but I woke up one time only to see my  youngest son starring at me…… 

Hunter, “Oh, Hi, Mom!”

Me, “Hi.  What you have you been up to?”

Hunter, “Not much.  Hey, uummm, did the Doctor mention when your face would be back to normal?”

Yes, I am so glad that I can amuse them!!!  On the plus side of things, today’s weather is over cast and in the low 70’s,  which if you have ever had any poison ivy, oak, or sumac then you know that the heat and humid can be painful and cruel to the itching. 

{sorry no pictures to show of my contorted face}

On to other news….

Do you remember a few months back when we had a bit of septic problem?  We had to pull up this little Crape Myrtle that sits just in front of the septic. I was hoping she would be fine…

Spring-Landscape-in-front-of-the-house

Well that lil’ tree didn’t make it.  {Incase you are wondering what kind of Crape Myrtle that is, it is call “Acoma” and it only gets about 10 feet tall}

dead crap MyrtleBut I once heard a wise gardener say, “Create a “test garden” or a “back-up garden” . {I believe credit should go to Paul of Gardening By The Yard}  So every now and then I will divide or root a plant to have a back up in waiting  to replace if something happens to the mama plant.  Pretty smart, huh?replacement Crape Well, I did just that with this lil’ Crape Myrtle.  Now she’s not as big as the her mama but when the time is right, I will transplant her.  The best part is…. she’s  FREE!  How can you not love that?

I’ve been outside a few times today {in between naps from all the meds that I have been taken}.  Once to meet with the insurance adjustor to go over the damage to the house and our electronics and secondly to trim up this Crape Myrtle along with moving some Daylilies.

Day LiliesI wanted to add a little color to the side of the bed that faces the road.  These Daylilies are called “Happy Return”.  They are a very pretty yellow and continue to send up new blooms all summer long.Carrie_thumb[5]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...