Thursday, July 21, 2011

Decorating the Foyer Mantle

Hello!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far.  It seems like I have one crazy week after another but I wanted to put a quick post together to show what I’ve been working on.  The other day I went shopping around my own home in hopes to find something to decorate the shelf in the foyer. 

Here’s what I came up with…..

Foyer-Shelf-decor

It’s not much, just a few odds and end pieces that weren’t currently being used anywhere else in the house.  I have to laugh at myself because I always buy two of everything.  I tend to decorate with symmetry.    I’ve been telling myself that I need to break away and give asymmetrical design a try.

Foyer-Decor

The tall candle stick I did purchase a few weeks ago at Home Goods and the tassel is from Hobby Lobby.  The urns and sconces I purchased years ago from a local store that is no longer in business, and the faux wood carving is from Christopher Lowell bought at Burlington Coat Factory.

Mantle-shelf-idea

My Photoshop skills are still very limited but I hope you get the idea.  I would like to add some faux topiaries to each side of the window.  Oh, and possibly up lights placed behind them.   I have been searching online but you know the thing about faux plants…. is that they very so much in quality. 

It’s a start…. and I’m sure I will have a more exciting mantle display come fall and Christmas.  Have the best day ever!

Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...