Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lack of Inspiration

It's been over two weeks since I last posted anything on here.

The majority of those two weeks, I felt pretty blah. I spent every day just going through the motions, never really feeling up to trying anything new. Every morning was one of those mornings where I tried on what seemed like a dozen outfits, hating all of them, before finally sucking it up and settling for jeans and flip flops. I wasn't baking or cooking for most of the time. I'd make meals for my son and then just graze myself. I don't know what was wrong with me - I just didn't feel like me.

But over the last couple of days, I've started feeling back to normal. I even wore a skirt. Twice. (Which is big for this tomboy-dressing girl.) And I've been back in the kitchen, drawing inspiration from a couple of great sites I found.

A few months ago, I attempted to make black bean brownies. The mere thought of them still haunts me. It was almost enough to make me never want to put beans in any baked sweet again. But then... I saw this.


And I'm pretty sure I drooled a little on my keyboard. I recently discovered Chocolate Covered Katie, who promises that her recipes are healthy, but taste naughty. And she promised that no one would be able to tell that this deep dish cookie pie contained beans. Now I'm not vegan, and I'm not going gluten-free, but I'm all for reducing white flour. And after seeing that picture and discovering that it contained no flour at all, I decided to give it a go. But only a half recipe. The black bean brownie incident still scares me.

It. Was. Amazing.

I couldn't even tell it contained beans. It was just warm and gooey and delicious. It's indulgent and rich, and so much healthier than a normal cookie pie. I didn't tell my family what was in it, since I knew they wouldn't try it if they knew the secret ingredient. They loved it and didn't believe me when I told them about the beans. So it's definitely a keeper. Go try it for yourself!

Now I want to go make another batch. Unfortunately, it's 5:30 in the morning, and I don't think waking up before dawn to the smell of cookies would make everyone here happy. So I guess I'll wait until sunrise...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...