Monday, July 25, 2011

Meat and Models

When I head to Central Market, I generally go for groceries, not people-watching. Yet that's what I spent about half of my time there today doing! From the front entrance all the way back to the meat counter, I kept staring (hopefully not obviously) at a tall, willowy girl, trying to figure out if she was indeed a contestant from America's Next Top Model.

I'm totally ashamed to admit that I watch that show! The immature drama and cat fights annoy me, but I adore watching the girls get styled and photographed, so every season, my DVR is set for each and every episode!

This past cycle, my favorite model was Hannah.


And not only because she's from Texas (although that's a definite plus!). She took beautiful pictures and seemed to be such a friendly person as well. So after spotting and studying this girl for awhile at the store, I finally bit the bullet and asked, and sure enough, it was her.

She is even more beautiful in real life. I don't think she had a stitch of makeup on, but she was flawless. And tall. Really tall. Or maybe I'm just short... But that's beside the point. The thing that surprised me the most was that she really was so friendly and sweet. Reality TV isn't always known for its honest portrayals of people, but in her case, it was spot on. She's in Dallas now, hoping to gain more experience before moving away to start her career. 


I really hope she succeeds. She takes amazing pictures, like the one above, and has an amazing personality to match. And I'm sick of the nice girl always finishing last. So hopefully, even though she didn't win the whole show, her talent and friendly spirit will take her to great places! 

And now, can someone please explain to me why meeting actors/singers/etc doesn't really phase me, but I get excited over a reality show contestant? It makes no sense to me...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...